Call us anytime.
The Center for Hope is available to patients no matter where they reside. This program is designed to enhance the quality of care by offering additional support systems to the existing services of the nursing home. In essence, the hospice staff and volunteers are joining the team of the nursing home staff.
Hospice care is about increasing an individual's quality of life by providing physical, emotional, and spiritual support to patients and their families as they face the challenges associated with a life-limiting illness. Together, the hospice team's expertise in pain management and symptom control, along with the long-term care expertise of the nursing home staff, creates a comprehensive support team to best serve the needs of the patients.
What services are available through hospice care?
An interdisciplinary team comprised of physicians, nurses, social workers, spiritual counselors, home health aides and volunteers works with the nursing home staff to provide care as designated by the plan of care. Hospice physicians are available for consultation to the attending physician who will continue to direct the patient's care.
Core services available as stipulated in the plan of care can include:
• Nursing visits: to provide physical care and education regarding symptom control, comfort measures, and pain management.
• Social work visits: to address issues of psychosocial stress and to provide information and linkage regarding available community resources.
• Spiritual visits: to provide spiritual support specific to the dying process.
• Home health aide visits: to assist patients with activities of daily living.
• Volunteer visits: to promote patient comfort and companionship.
The Center for Hope Hospice & Palliative Care
Peggy's House & the Center's Administrative Offices: 1900 Raritan Road, Scotch Plains, NJ 07076
Center for Hope - Elizabeth: 111 DeHart Place, Elizabeth, NJ 07202
The Hope Chest: 26 Prospect Street, Westfield, NJ 07090
Copyright © Center for Hope. All rights reserved.